Maintaining Vending Machines
Quick and Easy Steps!
Over the last 20 YRS we've been able to assist hundreds of vendors, and location owners, get started in the vending buniness.
It's CrAzY to think that we have been at this game for so long, but we love it and we love our customers!!!
One of the main questions we get asked about owning a vending machine is
"How hard are they to maintain?!?"
Owning and opertaing a vending machine sounds intimiiting right? For most of us the only experiece we've had with vending machines was begging our mom for loose change so we could purchase some uneeded sugar or soda at the local grocery store.|
Guess What!? Maintinaing and servicing a Vending Machine is NOT THAT HARD! For real!
- Use a food safe, cleaning detergent, warm water and a soft cloth to wipe down the complete machine. I would suggest doing this at least every few months. This way you keep the machine looking nice, clean and visually appealling.
Here are some tips that you can use to help increase the lifespan of your machine and offer a pleasently appealing snack, soda or food machine that some would ACTUALLY want to purchase from ;-)
Let's break it down for you, yo!
- Usa a disefectent wipe to clean surface areas that have a lot of person to person contact. Such as, your keep pad, buttons, money acceptors, credit card readers and the product door and any others were people have been touching your machine over and over again. You definitely want people to see that you are concerned about keeping your machine as germ free as possible.
- CLEANING YOUR BILL ACCEPTOR! You can use a sanitation wipe or damp cloth to to do this. You may clean the outside area of the bill acceptor. This would be the mouth of the validator where money is inserted inside. Money is very dirty and over time that grime and filfth from the dollar bills will get onto the wheels and pullies that are located inside the bill acceptor. You can open the bill acceptor and gently clean them. You may even swab the inside with a Q-Tip and warm water just to get rid of any build up. What happens over time if you do not clean your bill accpetor? The machine will STOP taking money! Money is so dirty that the the internal working components get corroded and can no longer read the bill currency and therefore reject the bill. This helps prevent people from using counterfiet or fake notes in the machine. A clean Bill Accetpor works the way it was designed!
- KEEP YOUR MACHINES AT LEAST 4 INCHES AWAY FROM THE BACK OF THE WALL!!! This will allow for proper air flow and keep parts of your machine from over heating; epsecially machines with compressors.
- Ensure that your vending machines are level. Most machines come with leg levelers on the legs. These are made so that you insure your machine is in the upright position and helps prevent mis-vends. The more unbalance a machine is, the greater chance of issues.
- You can also use a can of compressed air to blow the compressor coils on the back of your drink machines every 6 months. This will keep your coils from getting corroded. Grime and dirt build-up can cause a multitude of mechnaical issues. It also can reduce airflow and shorten the life expetency of a drink, soda or combo vending machine.
- Keep your machines out of direct sunlight. Not only will heat discolor your machine over time, the overexposure to heat is bad for your unit.